Routes? Can you down load more than one?

sleecjr

I use mapsource to create a route. Some on road and some off. I can get it in there and save it. I start a new one and save it. But it will not let me open more than one route at a time. I am going on vacation and have a route to get there and then some day trip routes. Is there a way to down load them all?

I use mapsource to create a route. Some on road and some off. I can get it in there and save it. I start a new one and save it. But it will not let me open more than one route at a time. I am going on vacation and have a route to get there and then some day trip routes. Is there a way to down load them all?

First of all when you download routes, tracks, and / or waypoints to your 60CSx it does not erase the exisiting routes, tracks, or waypoints already on your GPSr. Only when maps are downloaded to the memory card is when exisiting maps on the memory card are erased and the new maps are loaded to the memory card.

Second, yes you can download any and all routes, tracks, and waypoints at the same time regardless of what Garmin Mapsource software you created them in. Just copy and paste all of your routes, tracks, and waypoints created in the various Mapsource softwares into 1 file and download that file to your GPSr. The copy and paste works the same as any Microsoft copy and paste function. Whether the routes are "on road" or "off road" doesn't matter. All of your routes once copied to a single file will all be visible at the same time in Mapsource, but only 1 route can be active at a time and be visible on the Mapping Sreen of your GPSr.