Garmin Etrex Legend HCX track log memory

promethean

I recently purchased a Garmin Etrex Legend HCX with a 2GB memory card

I have extensive experience with the Garmin III+

The HCX is great & really performs well, however I have been unable to open any of the track logs that I have loaded onto the 2GB card.

I can see the files on the card when I access the data card on the HCX, but there appears to be no option to open them, only to delete them.

I have enabled the send track to card on the HCX. The tracks do dump to the card, but again you cannot open them to view them on the HCX

I can transfer the memory card data to my laptop & view the tracks that were dumped to the memory card.

So in a nutshell does anyone know how to transfer track logs from Mapsource 6.13.1 to the memory card & then view them on the HCX?

Open the .gpx in MapSource, then transfer to the HCx via the usual MapSource send to gps feature. You can rename the track in MapSource if you want, too.

you change the GPS to a storage device and copy them to your computer. to view in mapsource. you can't access the card via the GPS. the tracks are saved onto the interal memory for gps veiwing. and you can save them into the interal memory (20 tracks)