Icons

Cassaroll168

I have no problems with the new maps. In fact, I think they are way cooler and more efficient at looking at large areas. the 15 mile limit doesn't matter at all to me. If you zoom out that far on the old maps they would just show random ones because there would be too many to show if you are anywhere near a city. This way you can see all the caches in a particular area even if its only so big.

I guess I lied before, the only problem i have is the icons. the icons, at least in hybrid or satellite mode, would disappear in forests or parks. They just aren't big enough or outlined enough. Just a red border or bright orange border would do it. Or maybe bigger. I don't know, I just know I can see them a lot better in thought bubble form.

I really hope they keep trying. Being able to filter out my finds on the map is genius! I want to use it all the time. Wish it worked better.

I don't want them to get discouraged either. I know they read these forums or they wouldn't take down the knew features only 6 hours after putting them back up. I want them to know that they are awesome and to keep up the good work!

Cache on,

Droog.

Also a changing username function would be absolutely amazing. I really want to change my name because I sign a different one in the logs, and I have friends who would like to do the same thing. It wouldn't take much would it?

1. The new version of the site goes up and comes back down because of unanticipated performance issues. I am crossing my fingers that the developers get everything ironed out!

2. Check out the last post in the Frequently Asked Questions thread that's pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum. :)