Mapsource Map Sets

PaulThBrit

So I took the plunge and bought City Navigator NT & Topo 2008 for my Vista HCX. Using Mapsoyrce I created a mapset of my area (Northeast USA) and downloaded it to the GPSr. The Vista displays my area with the City Navigator maps.

Now if I want to switch to the Topo2008 maps I hit 'Menu' and 'setup map' and the information symbol. If I come down into the map box it displays 'New Jersey City Navigator North America NT'. Scrolling down the list goes to the next map 'panel' - Upper New England'. And so on. I have about 100 of these map panels in the map set and it would take forever to scroll down this list to select the right Topo map for the area I am in.

There must be an easier way to go from the City Navigator maps to the Topo Maps, but I cannot find it.

Please help!

Paul

So I took the plunge and bought City Navigator NT & Topo 2008 for my Vista HCX. Using Mapsoyrce I created a mapset of my area (Northeast USA) and downloaded it to the GPSr. The Vista displays my area with the City Navigator maps.

Now if I want to switch to the Topo2008 maps I hit 'Menu' and 'setup map' and the information symbol. If I come down into the map box it displays 'New Jersey City Navigator North America NT'. Scrolling down the list goes to the next map 'panel' - Upper New England'. And so on. I have about 100 of these map panels in the map set and it would take forever to scroll down this list to select the right Topo map for the area I am in.

There must be an easier way to go from the City Navigator maps to the Topo Maps, but I cannot find it.

Please help!

Paul

When you're on the screen that shows you the list of map sections, simply hit "Menu" one more time. You'll see some new options, including options for hiding or revealing entire maps (City Navigator, TOPO, and any others you have loaded). As an example of how this works, choosing to hide City Navigator will hide all the City Navigator sections and reveal the TOPO maps underneath.

--Larry