Can't download caches to Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx

K9Krazy

I just got a Garmin CPSMAP 60CSx, and downloaded Garmin Communicator 2.1.1.0. I ran the test page and got a message that Garmin Communicator was successfully Installed.

When I try to send a cache from Geocaching.com directly to the GPSr, I get a message that "The plug-in was not unlocked successfully." How can I send the cache directly to the GSPr?

I am able to send my pocket queries to GSAK and download to the Garmin from there.

Edited by K9Krazy

I just got a Garmin CPSMAP 60CSx, and downloaded Garmin Communicator 2.1.1.0. I ran the test page and got a message that Garmin Communicator was successfully Installed.

When I try to send a cache from Geocaching.com directly to the GPSr, I get a message that "The plug-in was not unlocked successfully." How can I send the cache directly to the GSPr?

I am able to send my pocket queries to GSAK and download to the Garmin from there.

Do you have any of the mapping software: City Navigator, etc?

Have you tried uninstalling Garmin Communicator and re-installing it? I also found mine listed in add/remove programs and there is a "repair" feature you might want to try.

Which browser are you using? I found that I couldn't download with AOL, but could from my stand alone Internet Explorer (even tho AOL uses IE as its browser!).

Do you have any of the mapping software: City Navigator, etc?

Have you tried uninstalling Garmin Communicator and re-installing it? I also found mine listed in add/remove programs and there is a "repair" feature you might want to try.

Which browser are you using? I found that I couldn't download with AOL, but could from my stand alone Internet Explorer (even tho AOL uses IE as its browser!).

[/quote

That might be it!!I am using AOL. I will try IM Thanks a lot

Edited by K9Krazy