WTS Garmin GPSMap 60CS w/City Select V6, Mint Condition

jdpic

Hi,

I am offering a mint condition Garmin GPSMap 60CS w/City Select V6. No scratches or dings.

All of the original accessories, manuals, and cable are included in the original box as well as a Garmin carrying case. City Select V6 also has an extra unused unlock code.

Price: $195 including shipping

Payment Method: PayPal Only

Shipping: Included in price, shipped UPS Ground to a physical address in the United States.

If interested, please email me at jdswebmail@gmail.com

Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hate to ask another question but like I said I a total newbie. Can you tell me a little about the software that you use with the units. Some say they come with a base map or something but then you see people like yourself talking about this city whatever software or map send or navigator, etc.

What do you actually need to go geocache and maybe even use on trips in the car?

Thanks for clearing that up. I hate to ask another question but like I said I a total newbie. Can you tell me a little about the software that you use with the units. Some say they come with a base map or something but then you see people like yourself talking about this city whatever software or map send or navigator, etc.

What do you actually need to go geocache and maybe even use on trips in the car?

The 60CS and any of the mapping GPSr come with a base map that has very basic information such as some airports, city location, water, and major roads. These maps are useful in a general sort of way, but are no substitute for the detailed maps.

If you want to get driving directions, you must have the City Select/Navigator software. The software contains very detailed map information that gives you the ability to get driving directions for road trips and points of interest such as restaurants, gas stations, hotels, and local attractions.

You can certainly geocache without the detailed maps, but having the maps might help you get to the general location a little easier.

can anyone tell me the differences in the garming gpsmap 60cs and the 60cx. Is the cs a good unit to buy used on here with city select so that I can use in the car and cache with?

The 60CS is physically identical to the newer 60CSx. However, the 60CSx has the newer SIRF Star III chip which has improved reception under heavy cover and also has a micro SD expansion slot.

Both units will work fine for starting out geocaching. The 60CS does not have the newest features, but I am offering it at less than half the price of a new 60CSx with mapping software.