POI Loader screen off center - unusable. Help!

I've installed the POI Loader program (latest version downloaded off Garmin's site) on 3 different computer, and I've experienced the same problem on all of them. After installing, here's what the screen looks like:

poiloader.jpg

The buttons are off the screen, somehow. And yes, I've tried changing screen size and font size - to no avail. And no, the window is not resizeable or maximizable.

Any hints on how to correct this problem? I've emailed Garmin but the idiot who responded really shouldn't work there.

Edited by IndyJones1023

I've installed the POI Loader program (latest version downloaded off Garmin's site) on 3 different computer, and I've experienced the same problem on all of them. After installing, here's what the screen looks like:

poiloader.jpg

The buttons are off the screen, somehow. And yes, I've tried changing screen size and font size - to no avail. And no, the window is not resizeable or maximizable.

Any hints on how to correct this problem? I've emailed Garmin but the idiot who responded really shouldn't work there.

Most of the time when this happens it is a simple problem caused by a lazy developer who doesn't properly handle screen DPI sizes. Try setting your screen DPI size back to "Normal Size (96 DPI)". This is done under "Display Settings->Advanced" on the "General Tab". I have had so many applications that don't handle this change properly that I have had to train my eyes to deal with the default setting for DPI...

Most of the time when this happens it is a simple problem caused by a lazy developer who doesn't properly handle screen DPI sizes. Try setting your screen DPI size back to "Normal Size (96 DPI)". This is done under "Display Settings->Advanced" on the "General Tab". I have had so many applications that don't handle this change properly that I have had to train my eyes to deal with the default setting for DPI...

Already tried that. Switched the fonts up then back down.

Nice to see that you got your problem solved. Unfortunately, you will now discover that the Send to GPS button only sends the horrid LOC info to your unit. You'll get the cache loaded with the GCxxxx number and pretty much no useful information. It's almost as fast (just a few clicks of the mouse) to click on the GPX button and send it to GSAK and then send the cache from GSAK to your unit with a useful name, cache size, difficulty, terrain, etc.

For a premium member, the Send to GPS button is a waste. For a non-premium member it is probably great.

Nice to see that you got your problem solved. Unfortunately, you will now discover that the Send to GPS button only sends the horrid LOC info to your unit. You'll get the cache loaded with the GCxxxx number and pretty much no useful information. It's almost as fast (just a few clicks of the mouse) to click on the GPX button and send it to GSAK and then send the cache from GSAK to your unit with a useful name, cache size, difficulty, terrain, etc.

For a premium member, the Send to GPS button is a waste. For a non-premium member it is probably great.

The OP was about Garmin's POI Loader, not the "Send to GPS" button on the Web site.... :blink:

--Larry