Why I enjoy lamp post hides

KBI

Like someone really needs a hint.... :)

Speaking of 70s songs, there's:

Kitschy Woman by the Eagles

The Kitsch is back by Elton John

Please tell me what this has to do with my topic. :)

Lighten up. We were just joking around a little. :) OK, everyone put on your serious hats now and resume your very serious discussion about why grown-ups enjoy running around lifting up lamp post covers in parking lots.... :D Edited by TrailGators

Lighten up. We were just joking around a little. :)

Your post was neither entertaining nor relevant. It wasn't even interesting enough to be kitschy. It was merely annoying. I just wanted to know if it had a specific purpose.

OK, everyone put on your serious hats now and resume your very serious discussion about why grown-ups enjoy running around lifting up lamp post covers in parking lots.... :D

If you think this thread is such a worthless waste of time, then why do your posts make up 20% of the total?

Edited by KBI

Lighten up. We were just joking around a little. :)

Your post was neither entertaining nor relevant. It wasn't even interesting enough to be kitschy....

I thought kistch was mundane....?

Although I have never looked for a LPC, I can see where they COULD be very alluring!

**If located in a mall area or Walmart.....that's some GREAT shopping right there!

**If it's a Walmart, and the Walmart has a McDonalds.....well.....a McToy can't be far off!

**If you have a flat tire or something, there is usually a place of assistance close by.

**If you are a tad hungry...well....there's the Walmart or other stores to satisfy that craving!

Yes, LPCs could be a real satisfying experience! :)

hugbig.gif

I understand, but:

Of the last 58 posts in this thread, 19 of them – or roughly a third – have been from TrailGators. Only one of those posts, number 114, has had anything at all to do with the subject of this thread.

I’ve been patiently encouraging him to come around to the topic at some point, but I’m no longer sure that’s even possible.

I give up.

Although I have never looked for a LPC, I can see where they COULD be very alluring!

**If located in a mall area or Walmart.....that's some GREAT shopping right there!

**If it's a Walmart, and the Walmart has a McDonalds.....well.....a McToy can't be far off!

**If you have a flat tire or something, there is usually a place of assistance close by.

**If you are a tad hungry...well....there's the Walmart or other stores to satisfy that craving!

Yes, LPCs could be a real satisfying experience! :)

Either:

You are being serious, in which case I agree with you -- a person with a positive attitude can find something to enjoy about any cache hide ... or ...

You are being sarcastic, in which case I am truly sorry that you do not enjoy the same mental defect which allows me to enjoy this game more (apparently) than you, a defect which has prevented me from ever learning how to properly despise bland caches.

hugbig.gif

I understand, but:

Of the last 58 posts in this thread, 19 of them – or roughly a third – have been from TrailGators. Only one of those posts, number 114, has had anything at all to do with the subject of this thread.

I’ve been patiently encouraging him to come around to the topic at some point, but I’m no longer sure that’s even possible.

I give up.

Just trying to encourage warm fuzzies. I really don't think that anyone could feel angst while hugging me. ;);) ;) :)

Yes, LPCs could be a real satisfying experience! ;)

Either:

You are being serious, in which case I agree with you -- a person with a positive attitude can find something to enjoy about any cache hide ... or ...

You are being sarcastic, in which case I am truly sorry that you do not enjoy the same mental defect which allows me to enjoy this game more (apparently) than you, a defect which has prevented me from ever learning how to properly despise bland caches.

Either you didn't see the big ;) at the end of my post or............................

.You are just being sarcastic! ;)

Either you didn't see the big ;) at the end of my post or............................

Nope, no sarcasm here. Just trying to offer you the benefit of the doubt. Those smilies get misused and abused all the time, and I wanted to be careful.

I didn't want to automatically assume the worst about your post, which is why I gave two responses in order to cover both possibilities. Sounds like you are confirming your negativity, however.

You have now clarified your intended point: You're saying you have never actually hunted a lamp post hide in a parking lot, yet not only are you already convinced you won’t like them – you also feel the need to mockingly and insultingly criticize those who DO enjoy them.

Thanks for your input.

Nope, no sarcasm here. Just trying to offer you the benefit of the doubt. Those smilies get misused and abused all the time, and I wanted to be careful.

I didn't want to automatically assume the worst about your post, which is why I gave two responses in order to cover both possibilities. Sounds like you are confirming your negativity, however.

You have now clarified your intended point: You're saying you have never actually hunted a lamp post hide in a parking lot, yet not only are you already convinced you won’t like them – you also feel the need to mockingly and insultingly criticize those who DO enjoy them.

Thanks for your input.

Not really the way I intended the message Hubert, but you can read it any way you want. ;)

Good luck and happy hunting of all caches!

Edited by chuckwagon101
Not really the way I intended the message Hubert,

;)

but you can read it any way you want. ;)

So ... you had something to say, something that was important enough to you that you wrote up a long post, but ... you don't really care how it's taken, or how confusing your non-clarification now sounds?

If I'm being invited to read it any way I want, then I choose the positive version. I'm therefore glad to hear that you agree with my original point: That a person with a positive attitude can find something to enjoy about any cache hide. ;)

Thanks, Hubert! (When in Rome ... )

Edited by KBI
Drifting off-topic are we? I guess it's OK if you do it.... ;)

It's not the off topic comments themselves that I object to. It's the fact that you post such a HUGE VOLUME of off topic posts. I thought I made that clear. It gets very annoying, but ...

... knock yourself out. Like I said: I give up.

Just trying to encourage warm fuzzies. I really don't think that anyone could feel angst while hugging me. ;);):):D

I want my Ambrosia hug. :)

That's a T-shirt I'd REALLY be proud to wear. :D

Hugs are never off topic. :D

I agree. That was the point of a few OT jokes as well. Sometimes these threads need a chill period. :mad:
Hugs are never off topic. ;)
I agree. That was the point of a few OT jokes as well. Sometimes these threads need a chill period. ;)

I just hope that someday you'll have something to say that is relevant to the topic of this thread. Until that inspration strikes you, however, feel free to clutter up my thread with anything and everything else you can think of ... jokes, wisecracks, irrelevant discussions on cache filtering, Star Wars pictures ...

Like I said: I give up.

Just trying to encourage warm fuzzies. I really don't think that anyone could feel angst while hugging me. ;);):):D

I want my Ambrosia hug. :)

That's a T-shirt I'd REALLY be proud to wear. :D

Hugs are never off topic. :D

But can hugs be kitchy?

I've always enjoyed every single LPC, or any other cache, that I've found. I haven't enjoyed every single hug. Some hugs you look forward to, from someone you want to embrace, and they give you the side arm hug that you'd expect from a stranger. Ugh.

Caches sometimes are like that too in that you think you know what's coming and you're happy about it, but when you get there you see that it's not what you really wanted. But even these caches are fun to find, because the main thing I like about caching is being in on a secret and finding something hidden from most people.

I enjoy LPCs regardless of how much Kitch they seem to have, even though I don't prefer them over other kinds of cache hides.

I enjoy LPCs regardless of how much Kitch they seem to have, even though I don't prefer them over other kinds of cache hides.
I agree about the Kitch, but I'm glad you enjoy them. ;)

This thread is starting to get too sweet again.

I think for a long time now TrailGators has accepted that some people like finding LPCs. KBI needs to relax a bit when TrailGators makes a kitchy, predictable joke as a way of indicating that despite what others think, he still doesn't like LPCs. Same when anyone else makes a comment on why they don't like these caches. Just as some people like LPCs, others are enttitled to despise them.

Kitsch isn't the only reason to enjoy LPCs. (Though I seem to remember it being brought in a earlier thread - something about velvet Elvis paintings). Mushtang and sbell seen to like having caches hidden where muggles might pass by all day, but only geocachers who are in on a secret will stop to look under the skirt. Even people who are looking for conveinient easy caches to build up their numbers have a reason for liking LPCs.

Some people enjoy geocaching because many caches have taken them to interesting places - a little neighborhood park they didn't know about, a historic location that they wouldn't have stopped at otherwise, a trail they had never been on. They seem to want all geocaches to provide this experience. But while its cool to find a interesting place because of a geocache, this is not part of the definition or a geocache nor should it be. A geocache is a container with a least a log to sign hidden somplace where the use of GPS can be an integral part of finding the container. There are a few guidelines on placement that are meant to reduce incidents of certain problems such as caches being mistaken for bombs or seen as having a negative impact on the environment. But aside from these, the idea is to allow cachers to place caches wherever they like. ;)

Edited by tozainamboku
KBI needs to relax a bit when TrailGators makes a kitchy, predictable joke as a way of indicating that despite what others think, he still doesn't like LPCs.

I don't think the problem that KBI has is that he's made A joke. It's the seemingly non-stop post-spew about it. At least that's what I took from KBI's post.

KBI also seems to have figured out a way to deal with it, and that's to give up and stop trying to talk TG out of it. I've used a completely different solution to avoid the post-spew.

If only the spew had a kitchy feel to it.... ;)

I think for a long time now TrailGators has accepted that some people like finding LPCs. KBI needs to relax a bit when TrailGators makes a kitchy, predictable joke as a way of indicating that despite what others think, he still doesn't like LPCs. Same when anyone else makes a comment on why they don't like these caches. Just as some people like LPCs, others are entitled to despise them. ;)
I basically agree with what you said. There are two sides of the coin and it's important to hear both sides even if someone disagrees with the other side. Those guys are free to have their opinion and I'm free to have mine. By the way, just to set the record straight, I don't despise them, I just think they are not the least bit challenging or exciting to find. I don't play the "Secret Agent" game, so I don't like caches hidden in high muggle areas either. But that's just me. ;) However, I do like so-called "kitschy" caches when they are hidden in cool places! I'll always keep coming back for more of those! ;)
I think for a long time now TrailGators has accepted that some people like finding LPCs. KBI needs to relax a bit when TrailGators makes a kitchy, predictable joke as a way of indicating that despite what others think, he still doesn't like LPCs. Same when anyone else makes a comment on why they don't like these caches. Just as some people like LPCs, others are entitled to despise them. :D
I basically agree with what you said. There are two sides of the coin and it's important to hear both sides even if someone disagrees with the other side. Those guys are free to have their opinion and I'm free to have mine. By the way, just to set the record straight, I don't despise them, I just think they are not the least bit challenging or exciting to find. I don't play the "Secret Agent" game, so I don't like caches hidden in high muggle areas either. But that's just me. :( However, I do like so-called "kitschy" caches when they are hidden in cool places! I'll always keep coming back for more of those! :blink:

Thank you for returning to the topic. :( I knew my patience would be rewarded.