Long weekend at Rattlesnake Point?

Flah_and_Kids

Hi,

We are a family of 5 just starting geocaching.

We will be camping at Rattlesnake over the long weekend (August 3 to August 6) and are planning to do some caching there.

I was wondering if other cachers will be there that weekend. We would love to meet other people in the sport and also find someone to be our mentor for this start.

We have gotten some orienteering and GPS books to understand the usage of not only the gps but the maps and regular compass (I am not versed in the use of compass/map for orienteering).

Our kids (the older ones) are thrilled with geocaching and the idea of treasure hunting. They are 13, 4 and 2.

So if any families in the same position as us or more experienced geocachers willing to be our mentors will be in the area that weekend we would love to get in touch and join you in the hunt.

Thank you in advance,

FayeC

Rattlesnake Point

Some very nice and interesting caches in Rattlesnake. You should be able to get into all the other conservation areas for free too if you show your Rattlesnake pass. I'd recommend heading to Mount Nemo which is very close by too which has some nice caches and a great view.