Vista cx won't turn on

Welcome to the Forums! :tired:

Sorry you had to come here for that reason. Are the batteries fresh? Will it not turn on even when connected to your computer with the USB cable?

If nothing suggestsed here helps, call Garmin tomorrow morning. They are noted for their excellent customer service.

Welcome to the Forums! :tired:

Sorry you had to come here for that reason. Are the batteries fresh? Will it not turn on even when connected to your computer with the USB cable?

If nothing suggestsed here helps, call Garmin tomorrow morning. They are noted for their excellent customer service.

Thanks for the welcome, The batteries are new( I've put 3 new sets in today just in case ) and tried with it pluged into the lap top with the usb cable. All with no joy. Until now it has turned on OK and then been very slow to find a signal but today nothing. Is there a reset button?

Oh by the way yesterday I downloaded the updated software could this be the problem?

Jande-jeje

I believe this happened to someone else over a month ago. Try a Search of this Forum for "updated firmware" or "updated software" dating more than 30 days ago. That could have been on a Venture Cx or Legend Cx. I don't remember a follow-up and don't know if a hard reset can work if the unit won't turn on.

Did you start having this problem before or after the firmware update? Sounds like after (correct me if I'm wrong). If it was after, it sounds like a bad firmware flash. If the unit cannot be powered up at all now, there's really not much that can be done & I'd say a call to Garmin is in order. Like Miragee said, Garmin is usually very good about these kinds of repairs.