The Accidental 100th find.

As written on the cache page for GCP6A5 The Phoenix of Warfordsburg

Boy do I have a story for this Cache. I am glad it’s my 100th find as well!!! Ok, I'm driving home from Baltimore to Youngstown from a week of doing business and I decide to stop off at this rest stop. I figure the first stop in PA better have a cache in it. I pull out my Trimble and do a quick search for caches and none turn up. So I hop out of the truck and grab my note pad and cell phone. I head straight out to an area that I think looks great for a cache. The next thing I know I FIND A GEOCACHE!!!! I was laughing so hard with amazement and couldn't believe the chances that something like this would happen. I called a friend of mine to tell him and he has hundreds of finds and has never had anything like this happen to him. I SL and place it back as I found it. I walked away with amazement and wonder. There were many areas that I could have walked to and parked at, but this just happened to be the one. It literally took me less than a minute to find this cache. I then rescanned the area and poof it appeared on my Trimble. What a fluke. I have no clue why it didn't show up during the first scan. To make things even better just before writing this log, I found out that this is a multi. I didn't even know there were other steps. What a happy 100th!!! This will be going into my profile as one of my all time favorites. TFTC!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE CACHE!!!

Logged from my phone using the Geocache Navigator by Trimble

[This entry was edited by CharlesIsland on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 6:34:02 AM.]