Txering hints/notes via GSAK

You can use the special codes offered by GSAK to get a useful Waypoint name and also get the hint in the Comments section.

This is the waypoint code I use:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

That gives me the first six letters of the cache name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache, followed by the Difficulty and the Terrain, based on a 10-point scale.

In the comments, I use this code:

%Name=10 %hint

That gives me a litle more of the cache name followed by the hint, up to the character limit.

I use this code:

line 1: %smart=20 %code

line 2: %typ/%con $dif/$ter %last4 Lf:%datelf by " + $By

which means smart name of length 20 with the gc code.

on line 2 you have the type, container, difficulty, terrain, last 4 tries, last found date and placed by.

If you want a hint there is another code which I don't know by heart. I don't use that as I have all necessary information on my PDA.

Greetings,

Hans

Thank you so much, I"m so new to this, can you tell me where in GSAK I put these codes??Thanks!

Stacey

You can use the special codes offered by GSAK to get a useful Waypoint name and also get the hint in the Comments section.

This is the waypoint code I use:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

That gives me the first six letters of the cache name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache, followed by the Difficulty and the Terrain, based on a 10-point scale.

In the comments, I use this code:

%Name=10 %hint

That gives me a litle more of the cache name followed by the hint, up to the character limit.

On the "send to GPS" dialogue box, there is a a blank where you can "build the waypoint name . . . " That is where you put the codes for your Waypoint name.

The place for the hint code is in the blank for the "Waypoint description format (comments)."

Thank you so much.!

Stacey

On the "send to GPS" dialogue box, there is a a blank where you can "build the waypoint name . . . " That is where you put the codes for your Waypoint name.

The place for the hint code is in the blank for the "Waypoint description format (comments)."