100 Hikes of the Inland Northwest

Onewheeler

I came accross an old book a few days ago that I have had for several years since I have been involved with the Backpacking Club here in Spokane. The book is calle "100 Hikes in the Inland Northwest" by Rich Landers. It is a great book that offers several great hikes in Eastern Washington, Idaho, Western Montana, Northeast Oregon and British Columbia, Canada.

After looking at it for a minute I came up with the crazy idea of making several multi caches that would involve hiking, or in the odd case, riding along all the trails mentioned in the book and thus making a series out of the 100 Hikes.

I was hoping that I could open it up to people throughout the area and get some people to help with placing caches along each of the trails.

In the end it would be my goal to see a cache along each trail and possible a challenge cache (or maybe a few levels of challenges due to difficulty) that goes along with the caches.

Please post your comments on this idea and possibly if you would be willing to help out.

Thanks,

Onewheeler

I'd be concerned about whether all the hikes are still possible. I have several hiking books from the 1980s and 1990s that describe trails that are long gone. Some were destroyed by fire and never restored. Some were closed by land managers to reduce impact and/or to protect endangered species. A few crossed private land whose owners retracted permission to pass.