Ailing Globalmap 100, please, any ideas?

Hi all,

I've been really inactive for a long bit, and when I dug out my GM100 and put batteries in it, it powers on with a message "Waiting to download new program". Yes, I know it's somewhat of an antique as GPS's go, but it's served me well. I can't seem to get it out of that mode with any key sequence. I'm suspecting that the lithium backup battery inside has died, and the memory is wiped. Unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to crack it open and measure the voltage of that battery. Lowrance says nothing on their site any more about it, so I suspect they don't support it any more. I'm hoping they still have a copy of the firmware .bin file around somewhere, that if I can get it working again, maybe I can reload it. I am an electronics tech, so this is within my capabilities.

I've moved somewhere finally that geocaching seems to be very active here, so I want to get active again.

So, if any other GM100 owners out there know something about this, it may save me unnecessary surgery.

Thanks all

The Flying Dutchman