Exporting Autorouted routes...please Help.

Does anyone know of a way to export autorouted (not point to point routes) from Mapsource? When I export routes it just gives me point to point .gpx files. I want the routes as they are following roads. If I need any extra software this is what I have: ArcGIS 9.2, Global Mapper v8.03, Mapsource 6.12.4, and Metroguide Europe v8 maps. Please tell me there is a faster way than drawing over the individual routes with the route tool.

What exactly are you trying to do with the route?

You could save your route as a GPX file and then use GPS Visualizer to convert the GPX file to a KMZ (or KML) file for Google Earth.

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map?form=googleearth

I want to overlay the route on a satelite image. Anyways, I figured it out. You have to save the route as a .dxf file in Mapsource, then import it (I used Global Mapper). Then you will have the actual street by street route with turns, not a direct line route.

This is interesting. I have found that saving such routes from Mapsouce on long routes is not adequate since Mapsource seems to "get lazy"; the first part of the route includes all the desired detail (curves, etc) and then it includes only the coordinates of junctions (curves are missing). This has been discussed here several times in the past. Are you not seeing this problem when you save as dxf file?

Routes generated with Google Earth and saved as kml files do include all the detail and can generally be converted to other formats using GPSBabel.