Terrain Shading.... does it work in Mapsource or the Vista Cx?

Hey all,

I was under the impression that you could enable terrain shading, to give maps a 3D look, in Garmin Mapsource with TOPO and hi-res TOPO (24K) maps. I turned "terrain shading" to "on" under the Mapsource "Preferences" but I don't see any difference in any of the TOPO maps. Am I missing something? I also haven't been able to see any "terrain shading" in my handheld unit (Vista Cx). Thanks in advance for any help or pointers. :o

P.S. forgot to mention, I'm using the latest version of Mapsource (I think), version 6.12.4

Edited by captain454

Hey all,

I was under the impression that you could enable terrain shading, to give maps a 3D look, in Garmin Mapsource with TOPO and hi-res TOPO (24K) maps. I turned "terrain shading" to "on" under the Mapsource "Preferences" but I don't see any difference in any of the TOPO maps. Am I missing something? I also haven't been able to see any "terrain shading" in my handheld unit (Vista Cx). Thanks in advance for any help or pointers. :smile:

P.S. forgot to mention, I'm using the latest version of Mapsource (I think), version 6.12.4

You should see it in mapsource -- there is no other setting needed. Maybe you are looking at incorrect instance. Make sure you are looking at US TOPO 24K National Parks <region> v3 in upper left dropdown box.

No 3D in gpsr