Caching on Layovers

I'm not sure how many airline employees are also cachers, but I know that I always try and find a cache when I'm flying and on a layover. I figured it would be good if there are other airline cachers or maybe some frequent flyers who have found some good caches near airports and can post them here so that we might have something to due next time our flight is delayed 4 hours!!!!

Frisco Finders

I'm not a pilot, but I have family in the industry so we get to fly often. Because we're standby, I've started keeping a collection of pocket queries centered around various airports that I can run in a pinch if we get stuck for a few hours- or overnight. Not many people know this, but at many airports you can even get a shuttle (often free) to take you into town and back if you have a few hours to spare. Hotel shuttles are great for this, too. In fact, two weeks ago my brother and I rode the tram from the MSP airport to the Mall of America for a little caching during a 6-hour layover.

I'm not sure how many airline employees are also cachers, but I know that I always try and find a cache when I'm flying and on a layover. I figured it would be good if there are other airline cachers or maybe some frequent flyers who have found some good caches near airports and can post them here so that we might have something to due next time our flight is delayed 4 hours!!!!

Frisco Finders

Frisco Finder, the inventor of 'TNLNSLMF'.

Took nothing, left nothing, signed log, missed flight.

Actually, what Frisco Finder is not admitting is that the flight mentioned in the OP was delayed for 4 hours because he was the pilot... and just had to grab that one last cache before returning to the airport... B)

Frisco Finders

Yes,,,,,,, although the best thing about being the driver,,,, is knowing they won't leave without me,,,,, "sorry folks for the delay,,, but it was a 5 star and took a little longer than we thought!!!!!"

"Li" used to be an airline employee (customer service dept. at a call center, not at the airport or on the plane itself); but had some great perks like winning a trip to Tahiti (grand prize at her airlines Xmas party) for 2 back in 1999!

Since it involved switching planes in LA, we actually planned it so that it was 12 hours between flights, rented a car for the day, and went all over town (including the beautiful mountains just north of the city). dadgum, if I knew of caching then (or if it was just past the "being invented" stage since we took the trip in June, 2000) I can just imagine how many So. Cal. finds I would've had that day (kids not around yet either). Ah, those were the days......

If you are in Boston (BOS), there's really only one cache you can realistically do. You don't need a cab ride for this one, just the airport bus to the subway, then take the subway one stop inbound, then it's a short walk. There are other caches that are closer in straight-line distance, but Logan Airport is on a penninsula, so you'd have to run down one of the taxiways and jump in the harbor and swim across to do them.

If you're ever stuck at BHM (Birmingham Alabama) give me a shout!

If I am home (retired; I am either home or caching!) I am 15 minutes from the airport and can take you to find some of our best caches in short order!

Ed

205-914-6814

Thanks Ed,

I often have BHM layovers,,, and if one come available I'll call you and would love to grab some in Alabama,,,,,

Thanks

Doc