Bulk Adding To Bookmark Lists Please

abnerone

I am finding the need for a way to bulk add to bookmark lists.

Here is why I would find this very helpful. I have a friend that I cache with a lot, but he has about 200 more caches than I right now. If I cache on my own, then it makes sense for me to try and grab ones that he has already found, to get us more 'in sync.' I can do a search for the ones he has found, and even exclude the ones I have found using the 'advanced search' but then I want to checkmark them 20 at a time, and then bulk add them to a bookmark list I have created.

I can't see the new bookmarks list feature being very powerful, if you can only add caches to the lists *one cache page at a time.* So far I can only find the add to bookmarks link on each individual cache page. Ugh. Am I missing something for bulk addding to bookmark lists? Could anyone else find this useful?

Thanks for taking the time to consider adding this to the search results page.

160549855-L.jpg

If you want to compare your finds to your caching friend's, try www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com. They have a feature, if you are both Premium Members and have both upload your "My Finds" Pocket Queries to the site, that will assist you in building a filter to apply to GSAK eliminating caches you have both found.

I'm hoping that one of the functions of the new friends list will be PQs to get caches that your friend has found but you haven't, or cache that neither of you have found.

You don't need to go to each cache page. You can add to a bookmark list by entering the GC number for each cache one after another, in the input box at the top right of the bookmark list.

Thanks Keystone for letting me know of a 2nd way to add caches to a bookmark list. However, this other method is also a single cache at a time tedious method. Hopfully, we can get some way to dump a bunch in there at once.

An even better idea than I am showing in the picture above would be some more buttons on the search results page, that let you download *all* search results, and not just the 20 check marked on one page, in a few different ways. All these 4 new buttons, would probably need to be limited to 500 max like a PQ. I realize these searches take server processing power, but it seems these are serious improvements to the usefullness of the search features, that could allow many people, myself included, to shutdown many or all of their *daily* but never used PQ's.

1. All search results (500 max) in a GPX file.

2. All search results (500 max) in a LOC file. (Although I don't use LOC files, since GPX hold much more info.)

3. All search results (500 max) "To GPS" using the new Garmin browser plugin, for direct GPS loading.

4. All search results (500 max) to a bookmark list.

Edited by abnerone

I'm hoping that one of the functions of the new friends list will be PQs to get caches that your friend has found but you haven't, or cache that neither of you have found.

Hey tozainamboku...

I have been wishing for both of those functions to be been supported by geocaching.com. Either through pocket queries or through a search function.

1. Show me caches that my friend (or friends up to 4 maybe) have found, but I have not.

2. Show me caches that both my friend and I (or friends up to 4 maybe) have all not found.

The first one solves the problem of what caches to find, if you are on your own tonight, and want to get better sync'd up with a friend, by catching up to them.

The second one solves the trouble I constantly run into with caching with other cachers for the night. How do we know what caches we should try to find tonight, that none of us have ever found?

Jeremy, please consider making the friends function much more powerful! Thanks for all your hard work on the fantastic site!

Edited by abnerone