Explorist 210 Need help with base maps!

Everytime I turn on my Explorist 210 I receive the following message:

"UNIT CURRENTLY CONTAINS NO MAP! INITIATING MAP UPLOAD"

At that point the system hangs. I have downloaded basemap 3.2.53 from this site and reinstalled, but continue to receive the same message.

After the initial download the system searchs for the signals and receives the signals, but no map. Then when the system is turned off and back on I receive the above message. Magellan support staff has been no help.

Thanks anyone for your help.

Brent

Follow the instructions for recovery from the endless NAND loop. Once you execute the #95 service function, you will get to a place that allows you to connect in data transfer mode (or some similar means) to copy the basemap in.

I am not able to get into the service menu by following the directions...I tried the "on" method and the "off" method...neither work! Help!

I am not able to get into the service menu by following the directions...I tried the "on" method and the "off" method...neither work! Help!

If you are experiencing the endless NAND loop and can't get into the service menu, you have little choice but to send your unit into Magellan for repair.

I had the same error, and followed the walk through from that russian site. It still gives me the same error if I start the GPSr when it is not hooked up to my laptop. However, if I have it attached by USB, when I turn it on, it will start but it gives me a a Map Security error.

Tech support wants 49.99 to reflash my device. Not keen on that idea... Any ideas how to fix this?

Today, I just had the same problem. On power up, my Magellan Explorist 210 says"Unit Currently Contains No Map! Initiating Map Upload" and hangs right there. I can't get it into UBS mode to reload the basemap which I have backed up.

If anyone can lend a hand, I'd appreciate it.

Jim

Edited by The Waysiders

I just bought this unit on Ebay. I cleared the memory since it was full of the other user's POI's and it powered down. When I powered it back on it gave me the "Unit currently contains no maps" screen. I've seen mention of people getting to a secret screen, but nobody mentions how to do that. Can anyone offer any help?

Everytime I turn on my Explorist 210 I receive the following message:

"UNIT CURRENTLY CONTAINS NO MAP! INITIATING MAP UPLOAD"

At that point the system hangs. I have downloaded basemap 3.2.53 from this site and reinstalled, but continue to receive the same message.

After the initial download the system searchs for the signals and receives the signals, but no map. Then when the system is turned off and back on I receive the above message. Magellan support staff has been no help.

Thanks anyone for your help.

Brent

I was able to copy the basemap from my magellan explorist 500 to my magellan explorist 210 by copying and pasting the basemap folder.