Mapsend exporist 400

Just saying that you are opening Mapsend is not too helpful...there are many Mapsend applications.

What is listed in the title bar of the window that comes up (i.e., the topmost line that typically has a solid color background)? It sounds like you might be opening Mapsend Manager. If so, one of the icons on the left column is "Open Mapsend applications," and clicking on it brings up a list of available programs along with a Launch button which should start up your program. If that's not what you're seeing, describing what those 5-6 options are might also help us figure out what you are looking at.

Alternatively, when you installed Topo3D, it should have put a startup item in your Start button tree. I would suspect that if you follow out Start/All Programs/MapSend Topo 3D USA/MapSend Topo 3D that you can start the program up (some people may arrange things differently, but I think this would be the default arrangement).

Just saying that you are opening Mapsend is not too helpful...there are many Mapsend applications.

What is listed in the title bar of the window that comes up (i.e., the topmost line that typically has a solid color background)? It sounds like you might be opening Mapsend Manager. If so, one of the icons on the left column is "Open Mapsend applications," and clicking on it brings up a list of available programs along with a Launch button which should start up your program. If that's not what you're seeing, describing what those 5-6 options are might also help us figure out what you are looking at.

Alternatively, when you installed Topo3D, it should have put a startup item in your Start button tree. I would suspect that if you follow out Start/All Programs/MapSend Topo 3D USA/MapSend Topo 3D that you can start the program up (some people may arrange things differently, but I think this would be the default arrangement).

The first thing listed in the top left is " Launch Mapsend Programs", I click on that and 6 options appear. The first being "Transfer data to unit", Transfer data to PC, Convert data to Explorist format, Convert data to Legacy Mapsend format, Managge files, Find & copy user files to my gps folder".

The option you describe are what I see when I click on the "Manage GPS Files" icon, just below the "Launch Mapsend Programs." Do you get the same set of options in the right screen when you click on each of the two on the left?

Here is what I get when I click on the Launch button (I have several MapSend programs installed):

MapSendManager-1.jpg

The option you describe are what I see when I click on the "Manage GPS Files" icon, just below the "Launch Mapsend Programs." Do you get the same set of options in the right screen when you click on each of the two on the left?

Here is what I get when I click on the Launch button (I have several MapSend programs installed):

MapSendManager-1.jpg

What I see when I click on "Manage GPS Files" are as follows:

Transfer data to unit

Transfer data to PC

Convert data to Explorist format

Convert data to Legacy Mapsend format

Manage files

Find and copy user files to my GPS folder

Transfer data to unit

Transfer data to PC

Manage files

That is normal operation. If you see the same thing when you click on "Launch MapSend Programs," that is not normal. You should see something like in my screenshot, which ought to list MapSend Topo 3D as a launch option since [i presume] you have it installed.

In your first post in this thread you said:

I click on "launch Mapsend programs" then it brings up about 5-6 options.

So, just to put these two posts together--are you seeing the same options come up when you click both "Launch MapSend Programs" and "Manage GPS Files"? (Sorry if I'm running back over what you seem to have already stated, but since the MapSend Manager program isn't supposed to work this way I want to be sure of what's happening before trying something else.)

Transfer data to unit

Transfer data to PC

Manage files

That is normal operation. If you see the same thing when you click on "Launch MapSend Programs," that is not normal. You should see something like in my screenshot, which ought to list MapSend Topo 3D as a launch option since [i presume] you have it installed.

In your first post in this thread you said:

I click on "launch Mapsend programs" then it brings up about 5-6 options.

So, just to put these two posts together--are you seeing the same options come up when you click both "Launch MapSend Programs" and "Manage GPS Files"? (Sorry if I'm running back over what you seem to have already stated, but since the MapSend Manager program isn't supposed to work this way I want to be sure of what's happening before trying something else.)

When I click on" Launch Mapsend Programs" nothing happens. When I click on "Manage GPS Files" what I explained above is the scrren and options I get. I installed the disc that I received ith my unit. Are there other discs I need to get before this programs works?

Either you don't have MapSend Topo3D installed, or you have it installed but MapSend Manager doesn't know about it.

If you go to the Start Button and choose "All Programs," do you have a MapSend Topo 3D folder show up among all your other programs? If not there (or in some Magellan-ish other folder...unless you told it to name the folder something else) then you probably still have to install the program.

If you were installing from CD, there should be more than one disk (I can't remember if 2 or 3). If you were installing from DVD, it should all be on a single disk.