Viewing Maps

Yesterday I was able to view maps from a cache page by clicking on the view maps link and then selecting Google maps. Today when I select view maps, a message appears saying "An error has occured with maps", and I am unable to select Google maps. Anybody know what happened?

Stinks, doesn't it. My caching GPS doesn't have street maps in it. I do have a car GPS. I usually print out

the google maps (which also doesn't work) and at a glance I can get a feel for where the caches are. Without the paper print out, or even looking at the PC, it's very tough to figure out where something is and how to get there. My car GPS can do directions but entering N + W for a cache into it, to see where it is, is a pain, doing one a time

What you can do, is click the map on the caches main page with the description of the cache, but that's only good for one cache at a time.

Stinks, doesn't it. My caching GPS doesn't have street maps in it. I do have a car GPS. I usually print out

the google maps (which also doesn't work) and at a glance I can get a feel for where the caches are. Without the paper print out, or even looking at the PC, it's very tough to figure out where something is and how to get there. My car GPS can do directions but entering N + W for a cache into it, to see where it is, is a pain, doing one a time

What you can do, is click the map on the caches main page with the description of the cache, but that's only good for one cache at a time.

What?

To answer the OP, I got that error today using the Geocaching.com map link. Try click on the Google Maps or the Geocaching.com Google Maps link on the cache page. Those links should be working.

Thanks. I was trying to get to google from the geocaching map page with the error.

Never tried google directly from the cache page.

I did have a period of time this afternoon for about 15 minutes where the geocaching we page did work.

Learned something new today. That's a good thing.