request: notification emails include owner name

rot13

I really like receiving the email notifications of new caches in the area. It would be nice if the email also included the cache owner's name (kind of like the once-a-week notification does). Around here, knowing who hid a cache tells you a lot about the hide.

Alan / rot13

While we're at it, please consider including the reference point in the notification emails.

If you have notifications set for multiple locations (eg., your home and your brother's home 500 miles away), they can be confusing. All you get in an instant notification email is information that there's a new cache "6.2 miles NE" or something, without any indication of which notification triggered the mail.

It's probably simple to add "6.2 miles NE of _________". That would be useful.

While we're at it, please consider including the reference point in the notification emails.

If you have notifications set for multiple locations (eg., your home and your brother's home 500 miles away), they can be confusing. All you get in an instant notification email is information that there's a new cache "6.2 miles NE" or something, without any indication of which notification triggered the mail.

It's probably simple to add "6.2 miles NE of _________". That would be useful.

I have 2 instant notifications set up. One for home and one for work. When I get an email, down at the bottom, is the line

Notification: Your insta-notify title here

URL for insta-notify shows up here.

Just look for the tile and you will know if it's by your house or your brother's.

I have 2 instant notifications set up. One for home and one for work. When I get an email, down at the bottom, is the line

Notification: Your insta-notify title here

URL for insta-notify shows up here.

Just look for the tile and you will know if it's by your house or your brother's.

I see what you mean. I just hadn't edited the notifications to give them informative names.

Thanks!