Already Have Car GPS(NEED HANDHELD)

I already have a car GPS (mio digiwalker) c310. It is hard to find out where I am at when I am walking. It lags and doesn't refresh alot. I want to know the best, cheap handheld gps to make it easy for me to find the Cache. Doesn't need alot of features or road maps. Another Question is, will the more exspensive handhelds make it easier to get to the point or is it that they have more features. Thanks

Welcome to the Forums! :anicute:

Probably the best GPSr you can get for the money right now is the Garmin Venture Cx, which is on sale at R.E.I. now for less than $170.00

You will need to add a memory card, and if you don't already have the USB cable (but you probably do), you will have to get one of those. You can spend a lot more money, but the accuracy won't be any better, unless you cache where there is a lot of tree foliage. That is when the GPSr units with the new SIRF chip are great because they are less likely to lose signal. Those include the Garmin GPS Map 60Cx, CSx, 76Cx, and 76CSx.

The little yellow Etrex has found lots of caches and it is less than $100.00, but it doesn't come with the cable, if I remember correctly, so you have to spend more money for that. And it connects with a Serial Port. Some newer computers don't have one of those . . . :anicute:

I have a MIO 310 also and found it to be just too hard to use for Geocaching - although it is all I need for car use. So, lake a previous poster, picked up a used Garmin Etrex on eBay for about $60. Seems to suit my needs so far - even though I have to manually enter the latitude and longitude.

Cheers

Mark