Compatible Software with Magellan Meridian

Hi Good Afternoon - I'm hoping you all can help me with this.

I've had a Megellan Meridian Platinum for a couple years, but haven't done anything with it. All I've got is the base map, but I'd like to transfer some new maps. I recently purchased DeLorme SA 07 and I'm wondering if these maps are compatible with the Meridian.

Also - for whatever reason, I'm having trouble with my PC recognizing the gps is attached. Is there something I need to configure (baud rate?) to make them see each other?

Thanks for your help on both my questions!

Alex

Hi Good Afternoon - I'm hoping you all can help me with this.

I've had a Megellan Meridian Platinum for a couple years, but haven't done anything with it. All I've got is the base map, but I'd like to transfer some new maps. I recently purchased DeLorme SA 07 and I'm wondering if these maps are compatible with the Meridian.

Also - for whatever reason, I'm having trouble with my PC recognizing the gps is attached. Is there something I need to configure (baud rate?) to make them see each other?

Thanks for your help on both my questions!

Alex

Can't help you with the map situation other than to note that maps are pretty much proprietary and usually a GPS will only accept maps that are proprietary to the unit provided by the units manufacturer.

As for the serial connection, yes all the parameters have to match.... Usually its "8 data bits", "1 stop bit" and "no parity" and baud rate of PC has to match baud rate setup in GPS. Think Magellan default is set at 4800 baud (check parameters on GPS unit) .... Also software that PC is running has to know the physical COM port number GPS is plugged into.

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn

I recently purchased DeLorme SA 07 and I'm wondering if these maps are compatible with the Meridian.

DeLorme will not work on your Meridian, you must use the MapSend products from Magellan. For turn-by-turn routing get MapSend DirectRoute, preferably Ver 2. MapSend TOPO 4.20c is also a product I use and like.

Default BAUD rate is 4800 as previous poster mentioned. This needs to match the COM port the GPS is attached to.

Hope this helps!