Go visit Fred!

terratin

I'd like to send a TB to a friend of ours who lives in Ulaan Bataar (Mongolia), but i'm wondering how to let it make the final stage.

To fulfil it's assignment, i'd like to have a picture taken with the TB, my friend and the geocacher who takes it there, however i don't want to post the final destination address online (nor add it to the TB) and there's always the possibility my friends simply isn't at home.

So i'm wondering what to do...

Could i fi have my friends phonenumber added to the TB? Or simply have the cachers who want to take it to my friend contact me for address details? The latter seems a problem in the sense that (s)he might not be able to contact me during her/his stay in Ulaan Bataar, thus passing the opportunity to personally deliver the TB (and enjoy a glass of vodka :rolleyes: ).

Just realised i know the coordinates where he lives, so maybe i could add those (in some encrypted form) to the TB?

Obviously it would be easier to just send the TB to Ulaan Bataar, however, as my friend is not geocaching, he won't be able to retrieve the TB himself.

Tnx!

The person who is going to try and take the bug to your friend is going to read the goal ahead of time and you can request that they contact you and/or your friend before making delivery.

You do need to provide some sort of final location information on the bug. The carrier may only be passing through an airport or a train station or they might be able to travel only so far, so they’ll need to know if they can get close or not.

Edited by BlueDeuce