travel bug drop site in tourist part of Paris?

Amaterasu2

I am a newbie to geocaching, so I don't know what people think about this method to move some travel bugs around, but since I have family(non-geocachers) traveling soon to Paris,Brussels and Antwerp I thought I'd ask them to drop a travel bug in an easy to find cache. I don't know any geocachers in Europe.

Any Parisians have thoughts on an easy to find urban cache? They are planning a day trip to Versailles, too, so I am sure Versailles must have some caches. Of course in Paris they will be doing Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, museums. I do understand written French if it is easier for you to respond in French

I am a newbie to geocaching, so I don't know what people think about this method to move some travel bugs around, but since I have family(non-geocachers) traveling soon to Paris,Brussels and Antwerp I thought I'd ask them to drop a travel bug in an easy to find cache. I don't know any geocachers in Europe.

Any Parisians have thoughts on an easy to find urban cache? They are planning a day trip to Versailles, too, so I am sure Versailles must have some caches. Of course in Paris they will be doing Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, museums. I do understand written French if it is easier for you to respond in French

Most caches in Paris are micros (no room for TBs), and the couple I know which aren't, are either multis (GPS usage required) or very well hidden (GPS usage required).

The best way to move TBs around is to set them free and see what happens. But if you want them to start in an interesting place (for example, with a mission to get back to your home from Paris), you can try to contact a cacher directly and mail them the TB.

To find cachers local to a given city, look at who has placed caches nearby, and contact them (after first checking where they placed their other caches; until recently, most caches in Paris were by tourists, although this is changing). Most people will be delighted to take in your TB to get it started.

I found some regular, easy caches a few miles from my Uncles house in Belgium and I would like to ask my family member to drop a TB there. It is supposed to be easy to find. I could email the owner and ask for directions for someone without a GPS to find it. I guess my question is: in the geocaching world is this considered "cheating" for moving a TB?

Thanks for the info about Paris that is why I'm now looking at Belgium.

Hello Amaterasu,

GCYRN7 is an easy one and the 1st cache I found.

No need for a GPS, just give a printout of Google maps

showing the place and if needed I can give a hint.

Don't forget to brief them about discretion

as the place is well exposed.

The box is quite small and thin so it is

ok as far as the TB is not attached to a big thing.

Hope it helps,

~barbudor~