E-Logging

Beaverbeliever

What would other geocacher's think of putting a Flash Drive Memory Stick in caches so people can e-log? They would take the stick out of the cache, log there visit at home, or their laptop waiting in the car, then hurry up and put it back in the cache?

Another point would be that it wouldn't always be possible. We're getting ready to go on a Alaskan cruise and I'm hoping to cache in a couple of the ports. Our time will be limited so I'd only be able to find one or so each time we stop. I wouldn't have ANY way to take a flash drive with me, hook it up to my computer, and get it back to the cache.

Its been done as a travel bug. But many would be scared to put an unknown device with possible unknown threats into thier computer.

I was thinking the same thing - all it would take is someone with a chip on their sholder or something to add some malicious code on the device and then as soon as you load it on your machine - it is no longer your machines.

I can think of

- viruss

- malware

- spyware

- root kits

- email the juicy stuff off of your machine to some other location

- encrypt your data and hold the encryption key for randsom (been done)

- etc.

Good idea - but too scary for me!