CN8 and non auto routing GPS

SAPD

I know you can use two auto routing GPS' with CN8 but what about non auto routing? I currently use CS7 but have the CN8 update. Both my 60CS and Legend Cx have been unlocked with CS7. I have an additional Legend that I use for mountain biking and sometimes at work and I would like to put maps on. Can I put the CS7 (or CN8) maps on the Legend also or will I have to get Metroguide? I only need the maps for San Antonio and do not really want to spend additional money for the entire Metroguide program. Thanks for any help provided.

I know you can use two auto routing GPS' with CN8 but what about non auto routing? I currently use CS7 but have the CN8 update. Both my 60CS and Legend Cx have been unlocked with CS7. I have an additional Legend that I use for mountain biking and sometimes at work and I would like to put maps on. Can I put the CS7 (or CN8) maps on the Legend also or will I have to get Metroguide? I only need the maps for San Antonio and do not really want to spend additional money for the entire Metroguide program. Thanks for any help provided.

It is possible to put these maps on the Legend, just don't check the "include route calculation data" when you tranfer the maps. What I am not sure about is whether you have another unlock code available. It sounds like you have used the two allowed. If you have an update DVD it may still be tied to the two units that are already unlocked. Someone who has used the update DVD can chime in as to whether you get new unlock codes.

The update to CN8 will only tie itself to the original gps unit that was unlocked with the previous version. For example if you unlocked the CS7 to the 60CS first, then when you update to CN8 it will update the unlock for the 60CS. You will still have an extra unlock available for the CN8, which can be used for your Legend, Legend Cx, etc. I also recommend to uncheck the "include route calculation box" as it saves space and may allow an additional map section or two.