Basemap backup Explorist 500

Why can't I find my basemap on my Explorist 500? I have the unit connected to my computer and am viewing the files via the data transfer setup. It shows up as my "J drive" and it shows the following folders: Background Maps (empty), Detail Maps (It has the NY.imi and SilverLeft files...I installed aNY area from Mapsend), Geocaches (it contains a number of files I uploaded), POIs (empty eventhough I do have one or two POI's saved), Regions (has CNY1.rgn, NY State.rgn, NY.rgn, Unnamed.rgn could one of these be my basemap? I dought it as they show only a 4 KB size), Routs (empty) and Track Logs(empty).

There is no option that I can see to explore the units dir. any deeper.

I want to back up my basemap because I already had a system crash that left me with a corrupted basemap. I had to return the unit for a new one. Don't want to do that again.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

It sounds like you are connected with the SD card being shown to the PC. You can select either the SD card or the internal memory.

Go to Menu->Adv. Features->Communications->File Transfer then chose the Internal Memory. Later remember to switch back to the SD card.

It sounds like you are connected with the SD card being shown to the PC. You can select either the SD card or the internal memory.

Go to Menu->Adv. Features->Communications->File Transfer then chose the Internal Memory. Later remember to switch back to the SD card.

I did as you suggested and still there is no basemap file that I can see. I do see that the Background Map folder properties shows that there is a 8.16MB file in there although it's hidden. I do have "show hidden files" checked so I don't know what the problem is.