Cell phone cachers having premium privilege

zoltig

This email, edited, was sent to me from a local cacher regarding the use of a cell phone to find M.O. caches.

"We were out caching using our phone which does not limit caches to premium members - we found the (edit cache name) but cannot log our find because we are not paying for premium, just regular unleaded. lol Anyway, just so you know, those premi's aren't as privi as once was thought."

Can a member using a cell phone see M.O. caches? It seems this cache can not be logged by non P.M.

Is this one of those proverbial loopholes?

I don't think this really works.

I have a Members Only cache. I logged off and created a non-member sock puppet account. I then went to wap.geocaching.com (the phone service) and looked for the Members Only cache. I could see the listing, but when I tried to view the description, I received the following message.

Back

You must be logged in, and also a geocaching.com subscriber to view this cache.

New search

Log Out

© Groundspeak 2007

I think that if they found your cache, they used another method.

jasond, you got that message because you forgot to log in to the WAP interface. Logging in to WWW.geocaching.com does not log you in to WAP.geocaching.com.

zoltig, tell them to log their find at WAP.geocaching.com. As long as they properly log in at WAP.geocaching.com they should be able to. If for some reason that doesn't work you can cut and paste the URL to them in an email. They should be able to get to it if they follow a direct link and are logged in to WWW.geocaching.com.

jasond, you got that message because you forgot to log in to the WAP interface. Logging in to WWW.geocaching.com does not log you in to WAP.geocaching.com.

I fail to understand. I did log in to the WAP (not WWW) interface with my non-member account.