email to NOAA being rejected by server

Cache Sleuth

The FAQ instructs that datasheet errors should be reported to cheryl.malone@noaa.gov. When I attempted to report an error I found yesterday in the datasheet for PID #HX1083, the email was rejected by the NOAA server for the reason: "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table". Is there any other alternative to report datasheet errors? Thanks!

It was reported here that Cheryl retired near the end of 2006, and we're waiting to hear if someone else is taking those reports. For serious problems, I think I'd mail deb.brown but I wouldn't bother her with county errors and other trivia as she has a lot to do just keeping up with the recovery submissions and probably other duties as well.

Cache Sleuth -

The idea of logging benchmarks is to make them easy to find. The NGS, in their guidance for people establishing benchmarks, describe 3 kinds of photos; closeup, eye-level, and distant. Most of us that recover (find and describe the location of) benchmarks take 2 kinds of photos, the closeup, and the distant. When taking a distant picture, it is good to note the compass direction you faced when taking the picture. Sometimes providing an eye-level shot is useful if it is difficult to locate the benchmark from a distant picture. In distant pictures, if it isn't totally obvious where the benchmark is located, you can edit the picture to include an arrow pointing to it.

Check out the Benchmark Gallery for some good closeups and distant shots of benchmarks.

Edited by Black Dog Trackers

Cache Sleuth -

The idea of logging benchmarks is to make them easy to find. The NGS, in their guidance for people establishing benchmarks, describe 3 kinds of photos; closeup, eye-level, and distant. Most of us that recover (find and describe the location of) benchmarks take 2 kinds of photos, the closeup, and the distant. When taking a distant picture, it is good to note the compass direction you faced when taking the picture. Sometimes providing an eye-level shot is useful if it is difficult to locate the benchmark from a distant picture. In distant pictures, if it isn't totally obvious where the benchmark is located, you can edit the picture to include an arrow pointing to it.

Check out the Benchmark Gallery for some good closeups and distant shots of benchmarks.

Thanks to Black Dog Trackers and StripeMark for getting me on the right track with several issues involving benchmark hunting.