Choosing a unit based on software needs and a few other questions

Hello, I'm new geocaching and this my first post. I've been doing a lot of reading over the last few days researching GSP units and I have a few questions.

We are a military family currently living in South Korea. I'd like to buy a GPSr to use for geocaching and also to find businesses or other locations around Seoul. I'm worried about buying a GPS and then not being able to find city navigator software for Seoul. So far the only software I've found is Garmin MapSource Bluechart CD Pacific and that looks like it's just for use on the ocean. What I'm wondering is, are there certain name brands of GPS units that have better software for use in places other than North America?

I have read a few posts where people have asked about deleting maps from their unit when they are adding new mapping software. If I buy a unit that comes programmed with a map of the US and then buy software of Korea will the preloaded US map be overwritten?

So far my only experience with GPS has been from a portable unit that was in a car we rented here in Korea. With this unit we simply put in the phone number of the business we wanted to go to and it told us how to get there. Is just using a phone number typical for mapping software or does most software need you to input an address?

Last question for now. What do you use GSAK and Cachmate for?

I think Garmin has more options. Starting from official maps and ending with free maps made by other users. Personal opinion. :ph34r:

The problems with the official map like City Navigator is that the GPSr is reading the map only from one folder (“garmin”) and the names of these maps are the same. So you can not copy new map to your GPS without overwriting the old map. Solution: copy the old map to your PC or to anther folder on your GPSr. :ph34r: