Streetpilot to Venture CX

nittek

I bought a Garmin Streetpilot i3 several months ago. It came with a 128 memory card to which I downloaded the western US states on City Navigator maps that came with the unit.

Last week I bought a 1GB micro card so I could download all of the US and Canada to my i3 replacing the 128 card.

I am assuming I can now put the 128 card in my Venture CX with no problem Right? Does the original map , America's Marine Point Map, that came with the unit remain in the GPS's memory?

I bought a Garmin Streetpilot i3 several months ago. It came with a 128 memory card to which I downloaded the western US states on City Navigator maps that came with the unit.

Last week I bought a 1GB micro card so I could download all of the US and Canada to my i3 replacing the 128 card.

I am assuming I can now put the 128 card in my Venture CX with no problem Right? Does the original map , America's Marine Point Map, that came with the unit remain in the GPS's memory?

Yes to all questions. The only but is that the maps (at the moment) will not work on the new unit as they need to be unlocked to the Venture Cx's serial number before being put on the card. You should be able to use the second free unlock to unlock the maps to the new unit and then reload the maps.

Yes to all questions. The only but is that the maps (at the moment) will not work on the new unit as they need to be unlocked to the Venture Cx's serial number before being put on the card. You should be able to use the second free unlock to unlock the maps to the new unit and then reload the maps.

:D As you advised I did the unlock thing and downloaded the map and everything is cool.

Thanks for your help.