Lost and then Found

TheManInStripes

I had a travelbug disappear shortly after I released it. After a few months and some pretty solid assurance that the bug was gone forever, I placed it in one of those TB Graveyards in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Africa.

Lo and behold, about 7 months after it's placement there, the bug was miraculously found and returned to circulation.

My question is this: If this bug belonged to you, would you delete the entries at the graveyard, which would definitely decrease the number of miles travelled? (Which I don't mind) Or, would you let those entries remain a part of the history of the bug?

Opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, since you asked. My opinion is that if the bug didn't visited the actual cache location it shouldn't get credit for being there.

gc.com developed the 'unknown location' option to allow bug owner to take their bugs out of circulation without adding mileage. (And they have started locking these graveyard caches).