PalmOS program?

RoofusCA

I jumped the gun a little and signed up here about two months before I got my GPS. It's a Bluetooth model (Holux GPSlim 236, if anyone's interested. :D ) And I'm using TomTom as the software. Problem is, TomTom is decent for getting directions, but it doesn't seem well-suited for geocaching. Does anyone have advice on a program that will work well? I at least want it to display latitude and longitude, but being able to set a destination by lat/lon would be nice too.

Anyway, I like the site. Hopefully now that I actually have the GPS, I'll stop lurking. :anibad:

Edited by RoofusCA

TomTom was never intended for geocaching. For geocaching, Cachemate is probably the most used. Cetus will do the job, but it's just a GPS program. Cachemate will display all the cache info and let you edit it, and write logs in the field. Both will show distance and direction to the waypoints. I use both, for different things. Cetus is freeware, and Cachemate will export waypoints to it, so there is no reason not to have it.

TomTom was never intended for geocaching. For geocaching, Cachemate is probably the most used. Cetus will do the job, but it's just a GPS program. Cachemate will display all the cache info and let you edit it, and write logs in the field. Both will show distance and direction to the waypoints. I use both, for different things. Cetus is freeware, and Cachemate will export waypoints to it, so there is no reason not to have it.

Thanks! Those look perfect.

check out GeoNiche. If you have a BT Palm, it's the best. You can use your Tom Tom GPSr with it, and maybe their newer model will work fine, but I found the top of the line Globalsat BT GPSr to be much more accurate. Also, I have used TomTom for geocaching. Convert the gpx file to ov2. see here http://www.bioneural.net/2006/01/13/geocac...n-for-mac-palm/ Then zoom in while browsing map. I did it once when the cache wasn't in GeoNiche and TomTom worked great.