Thinking about making a personal TB

JennM

I have a spare travel bug, and now that I have 25 finds, I thought about making the spare a "personal" bug to log my mileage. I'm not a premium member, but I remember all the caches I've found and most of the order in which I found them. I've seen folks logging their personal TB through a cache and I know how to do that, but a couple of my early finds have been archived, and I can't bring them up in a search anymore.

For a while, stuff that was archived (not just "disabled") still showed up - but now I can't pull them up at all - is there a way to bring up stuff that's "gone" to log a personal TB through?

If not I guess I can only log my TB through the ones that are still active or just disabled.

Thanks in advance for any help. I did try to search archives for this topic but came up blank.

Jenn

Actually, I think I just answered my own question... when I went back into my account, I clicked on "show all logs for caches" and everything I've found to date was listed, including the archived ones.

When I get home tonight I'll try activating my spare bug and try logging it through - the list is complete and in order so I'll hopefully be able to calculate my caching mileage to date.

Hope this info proves to be helpful to somebody else and not a waste of bandwith <_< And if anybody has anything else to add, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Jenn

You simply log the bug through each, on the date you found the cache. It helps keeps things in order.

Just post something like, "Logging my personal TB through the caches I've found. Will delete."

Then delete the log.

You can delete the cache log without affecting the TB tracking.

Once you catch up, just log it as normal.