Aquapac (or other) waterproof camera bags

OuttaHand

I'm thinking of getting a waterproof "case" to use my small digital camera while protecting it from water. Would not be diving with it, but would be on boats, rafts, etc. where it's bound to get wet.

A quick 'net search yielded this possibility: Aquapak

Has anybody used these for cameras or other sensitive equipment? Any others that anyone could recommend? Comments?

I'm thinking of getting a waterproof "case" to use my small digital camera while protecting it from water. Would not be diving with it, but would be on boats, rafts, etc. where it's bound to get wet.

A quick 'net search yielded this possibility: Aquapak

Has anybody used these for cameras or other sensitive equipment? Any others that anyone could recommend? Comments?

I first saw the Aquapac at the CES show in LasVegas. I then purchased, & have used an Aquapac for well over 10 years now! I purchased it for my Motorola cell phone that was stored in my Abandon-Ship Bag on my boat. And fortunately.....................I have never had to actually use the phone while it was in the aquapac!!! <_<

There are other manufacturers of waterproof bags. They are sold at most marine hardware stores like http://www.westmarine.com I have used these other bags for my handheld VHF, and garmin GPSr, that were also stored in the bag. But, IMO, the Aquapac is a better quality product!!

bagcontents.jpg

Edited by Xlobsterman