Playtime Inc. Is Looking For volunteers In Phoenix 2/27/07

habu!

I work with www.Playtimeinc.com out of Seattle, WA with corporate team building programs called Geoteaming. We host events all over the world but this time we are coming to Arizona in February. The event is February 27th in Phoenix for 200 people from Wyndham Resorts. The event start time is 1:00 PM and it will require about five hours of your time.

We will break the 200 people into 25 teams of eight each and they will have a competitive/collaborative race to complete as many caches (specifically designed for this event at a local park not active caches on Geocaching.com). as possible in three hours with prizes for the best team, most photogenic team, and a collaborative prize for the entire company if they meet their MAIN Goal and maximize revenue for the day. I can tell you lots more about it later if you are interested in getting involved, but here is what I need right now.

I need five highly capable, energetic cachers who are comfortable working with technology to help us with the event. It isn't that you need to have LOTS of caches under your belt. It's that you need to work well unsupervised, be fair, positive, very dependable, be outgoing, like working with people, be a good listener, and love to have a great time sharing your love for geocaching.

1. I would like for you to arrive at least one hour before the event because I will need to review our technology and answer your questions about the event. Once the event starts it moves at a quick pace.

2. You will help us train the 200 people on how to use a Garmin yellow Etrex, a Dell PPC, a 2-way radio, and a digital camera in less than 30 minutes.

3. Most importantly: You will be an EQUIPMENT EXPERT in the field during the game so it is a must that you are comfortable in that situation and be able to keep the teams mobile.

4. You will also be a safety monitor to keep people safe and having fun.

5. I would also like for you to help us sweep the course to pick up any course materials (i.e., cache containers, hints or clues left on the course) after the event is over.

*You will NOT be part of a team, and must not help them cheat or give away answers. That would take away their learning experience and eliminate any conflicts that may be designed into the course.

We will pay $50 (at the end of the event). You will also receive a white Geoteaming Polo shirt to keep.

Once the event is over we love to hear feedback via a team debrief and connect with people who want to help us with future events and if we use them again, the pay goes to $75, then to $100 for experienced techs.

Please make sure that you are physically able to handle the challenge of moving around the entire time with a team. (LOTS of walking fast).

If you are available I need your REAL NAME, Your polo shirt size, your cell phone #, and a home # for a back up. if you have fun working with us, we like to store your name in our GeoTech database to call for future events.

WARNING-- All participants (Geotechs and teams that are participating) must sign a waiver to participate. It's basically a 'you won't sue me if you get hurt running around Phoenix paper. If you can't sign the waiver, you can't play, sorry, that is just the way it is in our 'sue happy' world.

ALSO, this invite is specific to you, this is not a family event, it is a professional team building event. I can't tell you not to bring your spouse or kids obviously, but you will be agreeing to work and won't have time during the event for distractions. Events are very quick and fast paced, but they are loads of fun, I PROMISE YOU WILL HAVE MORE FUN THAN THE PARTICIPANTS!

Thanks for you help, in advance and I look forward to hearing from you. I hope you are available to help!

Remember it's a Wednesday, I know work days are harder to find people.

If you are interested please email me at bangel4228@msn.com.

My caching name is [habu!] (from San Diego) if you want to check out my humble stats on the geocaching website. :blink:

I work with www.Playtimeinc.com out of Seattle, WA with corporate team building programs called Geoteaming. We host events all over the world but this time we are coming to Arizona in February. The event is February 27th in Phoenix for 200 people from Wyndham Resorts. The event start time is 1:00 PM and it will require about five hours of your time.

I would like to encourage Phoenix geocachers to check this out. I helped Bill with a Geoteaming event in SoCal last year. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much! It is definitely worth your 5 hours. The best payoff, though, is seeing the reaction of someone finding a "cache" for the first time. These aren't tupperware containers hidden under a pile of rocks, either. I got some great ideas for creative caches from Bill.

Check out your calendars and see if this fits in your schedule!

Robyn of Team Reid :)

I would like to encourage Phoenix geocachers to check this out. I helped Bill with a Geoteaming event in SoCal last year. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much! It is definitely worth your 5 hours. The best payoff, though, is seeing the reaction of someone finding a "cache" for the first time. These aren't tupperware containers hidden under a pile of rocks, either. I got some great ideas for creative caches from Bill.

Check out your calendars and see if this fits in your schedule!

Robyn of Team Reid :)

Habu,

I'll actually be in Phoenix that week. I believe I can help out. I'll double check my calendar. Is this a 1/2 day event? - or all day?