Standardizing Child waypoint Prefixes

mrking

As it stands a user can write anything they want in for the two digit prefix for a child waypoint.

A child waypoint being an additional waypoint on the page for parking, trailheads or clues.

Most of the time the users will put in PK for parking and TH for trailhead and it makes sense. You also get other variations as well - TR for trailhead, PP for parking.

Just wondering if Gc.com will come up with a default standard for the most common types of additional wapoint prefixes.

TH = Trailhead

PK = Parking

CL = Clue

QA = Question to Answer

RP = Reference Point

etc.

So if you select 'Parking Area' as the type of waypoint the prefix is automatically PK, etc for the ones above.

An exception would be the 'Stage of a Multicache' selection, the first letter of the prefix could be fixed at S and the user chooses a number to represent that stage. eg. S1, S2, etc.

Why am I asking this? I think it would just make it easier to follow and create a standard that people would instantly recognize.

As it stands I could give a prefix of WW for parking or BB for trailhead.

Just my rambling thoughts. Hope it gets considered.

mrking

Edited by mrking

I don't know if Geocaching.com will ever force the use of a set of standard prefixes but you can post a list of prefixes that you suggest to be used as a standard. This way if someone wants to follow your standard they can and if your standard becomes the norm you may very well get your wish for a Geocaching wide standard of waypoint child prefixes.