Change Waypoints

The Goldwings

I had a cache muggled and have refurbshed-relocated it within the same area. Is there a way to change the waypoints or do I need to set up a new cache?

I have had difficulty trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

If you're talking about waypoints, and not the posted coordinates, just click the Waypoints link in the upper right, and then you can edit them. You should inform your local reviewer of the change first. There may be a conflict that you're not aware of.

I had a cache muggled and have refurbshed-relocated it within the same area. Is there a way to change the waypoints or do I need to set up a new cache?

Just click "Log your visit", select "Update coordinates" and type in the new coords.

I don't think that works to update the coords at the top of the page. Don't you need to do that from the "edit listing" page?

I don't think that works to update the coords at the top of the page. Don't you need to do that from the "edit listing" page?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but no,

once the cache is published, you wont be able to change them on the "Edit listing" page,

you have to add a user note (log), the one i mentioned above, "Update coodinates".

This will ad a log entry _and_ change the coordinates at the top of the page.

But you'r only allowed to change them x metres (sorry, dont remeber how many).

If a larger change is needed, you will have to make your publisher do it for you.

As I suspect The Goldwings allready discovered. B)

Edited by Thorminator

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but no,

once the cache is published, you wont be able to change them on the "Edit listing" page,

you have to add a user note (log), the one i mentioned above, "Update coodinates".

This will ad a log entry _and_ change the coordinates at the top of the page.

But you'r only allowed to change them x metres (sorry, dont remeber how many).

If a larger change is needed, you will have to make your publisher do it for you.

As I suspect The Goldwings allready discovered. B)

You're both right, and both wrong.

Updating coordinates is done by posting a log. So you can click the link to post a log, change the type to Update Coordinates, check the check box for Additional Waypoints to Log, and away you go.

Likewise, you can use the Edit Listing link. On the edit page, there is a link to create an Update Coordinate log.

Likewise, you can use the Edit Listing link. On the edit page, there is a link to create an Update Coordinate log.

Well, It's just a nother way of making a log.

Actually, it's not even that.

It's just another _link_ to get to the same "post a log page".

Hence, the only ways to change the coordinates once the cache is published is

1) Post a "Update coordinates" log

2) Make your reviewer update them.

So, I'm not wrong, you just added another link to posting the exact same log as i claimed to be the only possibility. B)

Actually, by clicking the "Edit listing" link, you will have to go through one more page than you would by just clicking "log you visit", just to return to the exact same page. :D

Sorry, just couldn't stop my self. B)

Edited by Thorminator