newbie here with cpl questions

kronos416

Hello everyone im new here with a new explorist xl. I have a cpl questions on the explorist and mapsend software topo 3d. How much detail does the mapsend topo 3d software have when using it and downloading maps into the gps? Are the maps suppose to have a white background with highlighted details or is the background suppose to be green with highlighted background like on a paper topographic map? Can you flip to a 3d mode on your gps or is that just a feature used on mapsend on your computer? Magellan says they have tested 2gb sd cards and they work fine but you can use bigger gb sd cards, has anyone used like a 4 gb card in their gps and if so are there any drawbacks from using a bigger gb sd card? and last but not least to anyone who has the explorist xl for awhile what are some of the pros and cons of this unit? please any information greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello everyone im new here with a new explorist xl. I have a cpl questions on the explorist and mapsend software topo 3d. How much detail does the mapsend topo 3d software have when using it and downloading maps into the gps? Are the maps suppose to have a white background with highlighted details or is the background suppose to be green with highlighted background like on a paper topographic map? Can you flip to a 3d mode on your gps or is that just a feature used on mapsend on your computer? Magellan says they have tested 2gb sd cards and they work fine but you can use bigger gb sd cards, has anyone used like a 4 gb card in their gps and if so are there any drawbacks from using a bigger gb sd card? and last but not least to anyone who has the explorist xl for awhile what are some of the pros and cons of this unit? please any information greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have Mapsend Topo 3D. The background on my Explorist 600 is white and is supposed to be. It uploads with all of the details that you can see on you PC monitor, and you can select how much of it that you actually want to see on your GPSr screen. I don't believe that the 3D is available on your GPSr screen....why would you want it to be anyhow? It's TOPO software. I "only" have a 64 mb card in mine. I find that smaller sections of map for the active setup load faster and are less jumpy that a large map file. Example: I have my basemap consisting of my entire state of Massachusetts and about 50 miles into each surrounding state. That works very well for me.

Hope this helps you.