Paperless caching: One more time.....

Okay gang. I'm not a techie, but not completely giga-challenged either. Type slow, I'm taking notes. I want to do paperless caching with my GPSr (Garmin etrex) and my Palm PDA. My GPSr will get me there; I want to carry the cache info sheets on my Palm (no more printin' them off). I've been researching; reading thru the forums and doing my homework. As I understand it, I need something like GSAK on my home computer (I'm pretty decided on GSAK) and something like cachemate on my Palm to read the .gpx files. Swiss Army Knife manages, displays and "spins" the data from geocaching.com and allows me a method to download the results to my Palm. The cachemate on my Palm then is able to read (and display) the grids; logs, description, hints and pictures of a cache info page.

Is that about it or am I missing something?

:rolleyes:

'Preciate any help. PF4

I'm in the middle of the exact same project. I got the UPS Tracking# for my Palm TX that should arrive at the end of the week.

I have pocket queries set up for my home circle, and I have them loaded into GSAK. So far so good. CacheMate is my next step.

I also think I need some sort of Mapping in my palm, since my GPS doesn't have street level mapping, and I usually print a MapQuest map of the general cache area with my cache sheet. I use that map to get me to the general area. Someone told me that Mapopolis for Palm OS will work. I'm waiting to get my Palm & go from there.