Remedial GSAk/CacheMate help needed

So I've used CacheMate with GSAK before without any troubles, but my laptop crashed and I had to get a new one. Got CacheMate and GSAK on the new laptop. I go to export my GSAK database to CacheMate. I get the Export CacheMate to PDB File, but I don't know what to put in the PDB file to create. Can't consult with the old laptop as it is fried. I am able to use a converter on my Mac to send pocket queries to CacheMate, but that's a pain in the patootie.

Please help & as soon as possible, please!

Bec

So I've used CacheMate with GSAK before without any troubles, but my laptop crashed and I had to get a new one. Got CacheMate and GSAK on the new laptop. I go to export my GSAK database to CacheMate. I get the Export CacheMate to PDB File, but I don't know what to put in the PDB file to create. Can't consult with the old laptop as it is fried. I am able to use a converter on my Mac to send pocket queries to CacheMate, but that's a pain in the patootie.

Please help & as soon as possible, please!

Bec

What do you mean by "I don't know what to put in the PDB file to create?" Edited by TrailGators

See, this is how dumb I am. When I select from the FILE menu, Export, the CacheMate PDB File...

I get a box that is entitled: Export CacheMate PDB File. After the bit about Include additional child waypoints (2 check boxes, which I ignore) is the prompt of:

PDB file to create. There's a blank box from which I can select a file using the little tab on the right of the blank box. When I click on that little tab (which has a folder icon) I get a Browse window. From there I don't know where to look or what to do.

Does that help any?

See, this is how dumb I am. When I select from the FILE menu, Export, the CacheMate PDB File...

I get a box that is entitled: Export CacheMate PDB File. After the bit about Include additional child waypoints (2 check boxes, which I ignore) is the prompt of:

PDB file to create. There's a blank box from which I can select a file using the little tab on the right of the blank box. When I click on that little tab (which has a folder icon) I get a Browse window. From there I don't know where to look or what to do.

Does that help any?

Did you download a Pocket Query that you dragged into GSAK?
yep
Then just tell it where you want to create the new file and what you want to name it:

i.e: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\cache.pdb

Then hit "Generate."

Then sync your Palm.

Then open Cachemate and import the new file.

* You can also change what you want to name the caches. I think %code (GC name) is the default.

Edited by TrailGators

you know, that would sound easy, but I just don't get that. I can creat a new file (in fact, I have one already named "cache" that I want to use, and I can put the pocket query. But when I Browse and selet the file, it then opens it, and there's nothing there. And I know that the gpx file is in the folder labeled "cache" because when I open it, there it is.

I am so lost!

you know, that would sound easy, but I just don't get that. I can creat a new file (in fact, I have one already named "cache" that I want to use, and I can put the pocket query. But when I Browse and selet the file, it then opens it, and there's nothing there. And I know that the gpx file is in the folder labeled "cache" because when I open it, there it is.

I am so lost!

You don't grab your PQ again! Do what I said in the order that I said it starting with dragging the PQ into GSAK.
Good to meet you (in a way). I too, lived in Eau Claire for a while. But mostly I've lived in the boring town of Fort Atkinson -- sorta between Madison and Janesville.

Now I can head to Waukesha tomorrow and do some caching!

Thanks again!!!!!

I know where that is. I later became a FIB when we moved to Roscoe, Illinois. We used to drive up the 90 past Janesville to half-mile track in Stoughton to watch Matt the Brat Kenseth race before he made it in Nascar!

Have fun caching!

Edited by TrailGators