Etrex Vista Cx

sharpknife

1 st post in the forums. I have been scouring the site for a couple of weeks now, and I finally went and purchased a new unit. I have been working with an older Magellan 4000XL. The 4000 was a good unit but I did not have the accesory cable to allow it to interface with a PC.

A friend and I are trying to map out 800 acres of wilderness that we are developing/groomimg for hunting purposes.

I was able to get a price match on the Etrex Vista Cx. I think it will serve me well. So far I am really impressed with the tremendous amount of features the new unit has. I hope to find some time to get into Geocacheing.

Sharpknife :)

Had my vista cx for a few weeks to. I wondered whether I was splashing out too much cash but I'm glad of the extra functionality I got. I rarely loose satellite reception, had no problems in woods. Love the integration with memory map (UK) (tracks, waypoints etc BUT potential buyers please note that you cannot import memory map maps into your CX. The only maps you can import are Garmin Mapsource maps. Don't let a salesman confuse you and check the memory map user support forums if you have any doubt! I haven't decided if its worth getting UK TOPO as it's expensive and I've seen mixed reviews. I guess I want it but maybe thats not the same as needing it!

Glad I bought one too - I'd advise shopping around on eBay for both the CX AND the maps. There' a big difference in prices.