archived caches

Lone Star Drifter

In my cache stats it shows that I have put out 21 caches but in reality 3 or 4 of them have been archived. Is there any way I can delete the archived caches out of my geocaches owned section to show how many active caches I really have? Because even the archived caches are being included in my caches owned count.

Any help you can give me on this will be greatly appreciated!!

First off, caches can't be deleted. Deleting a cache would delete the logs of the cachers that found them. Bad Thing.

But they're archived. Only you see them, and people that search on caches found by a particular user see them. That's all. They don't show up in proximity searches or Pocket Queries (except the "My Finds").

There are always ways to work around the system...

If you JUST want a list of caches you've placed that are currently active, you are a premium member, and you can set a Pocket Query with the criteria of caches you own. Preview that Pocket Query and you'll have a list of your active caches.

OR (not a good suggestion, but possible)

While you can't delete the archived caches, you could set up an account called Lone $tar Drifter$ or something like that, and use the adoption process to have the archived caches owned by this new account. I know people do that with their missing travel bugs. Personally, I would never do that for either caches or travel bugs. I placed the caches, and there's a history of my placements - both good and bad - for all the world to see.

First off, caches can't be deleted. Deleting a cache would delete the logs of the cachers that found them. Bad Thing.

I never thought of it that way! I guess erasing the past history of your unsuccesful caches wouldn't be a good thing either. Thanks for your input on this matter and I will consider this "CASE CLOSED".