Strange happening selecting maps in Mapsourc

I have Metroguide v 1 and even though it is a bit outdated it has the majority of what I want, especially autorouting. I just got my 1gb micro sd card so wanted to load much of the US. After loading 361 maps in 431 mb, I was unable to select any maps North of Virginia and East of Indiana although the maps South of these states were ok. I especially wanted to get NYC but can't do it. Anyone have a similar problem? Could it be Metroguide? I won' transfer anything until I get a definitive answer.

Ver 1 goes way back, but I've used ver 4. With ver 4, when you load the SW to your PC, you need to select which sections of the US you want to load to the PC. I think there are 8 or 10 sections. It sounds like you didn't load the East or Northeast section when you originally installed it.

You should be able to insert the install CD and select "update" or "modify" to install the missing sections you want. Then they should load into the MicroSD card.

Ver 1 goes way back, but I've used ver 4. With ver 4, when you load the SW to your PC, you need to select which sections of the US you want to load to the PC. I think there are 8 or 10 sections. It sounds like you didn't load the East or Northeast section when you originally installed it.

You should be able to insert the install CD and select "update" or "modify" to install the missing sections you want. Then they should load into the MicroSD card.

Great response. I would not have thought of that but it sounds reasonable. I don't have time right now but will do it later and report back. Thanks so much for the information.

Well, I checked the installation and sure enough the Atlantic states were left off. So, I uninstalled MG to get a clean start, re-installed and selected all of the regions. Now some of the mid western states are missing although all of the regions were checked off. I may have to experiment and modify the installation several times.