Garmin 60cx vs eTrex legend cx

planewood

I put my 60 cx and my sons new Legend cx out in the back yard to acquire sats. After 10 minutes, they only differed by 0.001 minute of Lat/lon. That's about 5', I think, at this location. My 60cx had the external antenna connected. Sky was bright and clear. Both had a waas lock. I checked them 8 or 10 times and it was always 0.001 minute difference. That was at the lower limit of resolution, so actual diff was probably smaller.

Edited by planewood

That's very interesting and good to hear. A couple friends who have LegendCx's can't say the same. Both of their units differ by .010 min on a regular basis compared to many other Garmin units, including my 60C and 60Cx. With all things being equal, we see this "offset" along the longitudinal axis. I'm hoping what we see is a fluke. Thanks for the report.

That's very interesting and good to hear. A couple friends who have LegendCx's can't say the same. Both of their units differ by .010 min on a regular basis compared to many other Garmin units, including my 60C and 60Cx. With all things being equal, we see this "offset" along the longitudinal axis. I'm hoping what we see is a fluke. Thanks for the report.

I forgot to add that both units had been updated with the latest software & firmware.

I forgot to add that both units had been updated with the latest software & firmware.

That's odd. My Legend Cx, and quite a few others appearently from reading the forms, were off consistantly 40-60 feet along the longitudinal axis. But, updating to the latest SW, which was/is ver 2.60, fixed that problem. Initially I would always take my old Legend because I couldn't depend on the Cx, but after the update to 2.60, I leave my old Legend at home.

Thanks for that RGS! I will pass the version update along to my friends with LegendCx's. And thanks for verifying that 40'-60' offset. That is precisely what we have experienced, to the point if they hide a cache the rest of us start 50' east of their coordinates to make the find.