Subscription Upgrade

RaleighFlash

I am not a 'techie' and am new to this GPS business. Have to admit that I am finding it rather confusing. I have a Garmin e-trex legend, a regular subscription to geocaching.com, and have just purchased Geobuddy. It appears that for me to use Geobuddy I must first enable my PC to handle .gpx files. Then I can do downloads from geocaching .com to my local folders and then transfer them to Geobuddy. After that I am supposed to be able to do a download from Geobuddy to my E-Trex. Is that seqence close to being correct?

Apparently, in order to enable my PC to handle GPX I have to upgrade to a Premium subscription. To do that I need to enter my 'Subscription number'; however, I can't locate that # anywhere. I can't find any record of having received it via an e-mail message and it doesn't appear in my profile. Any advice as to where I can go to retrieve it? I am stuck without it as it's the first domino that has to fall. Help! Thanks.

RF ;)

Apparently, in order to enable my PC to handle GPX I have to upgrade to a Premium subscription. To do that I need to enter my 'Subscription number'; however, I can't locate that # anywhere. I can't find any record of having received it via an e-mail message and it doesn't appear in my profile. Any advice as to where I can go to retrieve it? I am stuck without it as it's the first domino that has to fall. Help! Thanks.

RF ;)

To upgrade to a 'premium' membership there is a fee...

Have you already paid this??

If you have and used paypal, then you can go to paypal.com and look up your subscription number (s-XXXXXXXXXX), and it would have also been on the 'receipt' email that paypal sent you for the transaction.

If you have and used a credit directly to Groundspeak, then you have to wait for a few days. Those depend on a person to manually change your account status, etc., so those memberships are only processed when people are in the Groundspeak offce. Given its New Years day I wouldn't guess there would be anyone there.

It should also be added that if you buy non-renewing memberships via paypal then you do not get a subscription number. Rather, Groundspeak will enter you premium membership information themselves and it will just show up on your account.

Non-renewing really just means not automatically renewing. Its my preferred way since I control whether or not I want to stay with a subscription (not just for this sport) without being caught by an automatic renewal I forgot about.

JD

It should also be added that if you buy non-renewing memberships via paypal then you do not get a subscription number. Rather, Groundspeak will enter you premium membership information themselves and it will just show up on your account.

Non-renewing really just means not automatically renewing. Its my preferred way since I control whether or not I want to stay with a subscription (not just for this sport) without being caught by an automatic renewal I forgot about.

JD

This statement is not accurate. As the first two years I had a non-renewing membership paid through paypal, and I did receive a subscription number. Now I have auto renew.

After receiving the membership number I copied and pasted on the subscription page.

JD

This statement is not accurate. As the first two years I had a non-renewing membership paid through paypal, and I did receive a subscription number. Now I have auto renew.

After receiving the membership number I copied and pasted on the subscription page.

Kayak, the statement IS true. I have never received a subscription number and have never entered one. That is because I pay for a year at a time and I pay through paypal. When you do that you do not get a subsscription number. Maybe you used to get a subscription number at one time but since I became a premium member I have NEVER received one. I do NOT fabricate what I put in these posts.

JD

Thanks for all of this info but frankly it isn't solving my problem. I haven't paid anything yet because I enrolled in Geocaching.com's free base level plan. What I want to do now is --- simply upgrade from my free base level to the Premium level BUT to do so I am required to first enter a Subscription number which I do not have [having only received a validation key]. I only want to pay my upgrade fee and get on with a geocaching life but this lack of an 'S-' number is frustrating my goal.