USB Connection problem with new Venture Cx

knightk12

I just bought a new Venture Cx. I am using a USB cable (not supplied by Garmin, one I already had) to connect to my PC. It cannot find the driver software. I downloaded and installed the USB driver from Garmin and downloaded and installed the Garmin updater program - no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

new GPS user.

I just bought a new Venture Cx. I am using a USB cable (not supplied by Garmin, one I already had) to connect to my PC. It cannot find the driver software. I downloaded and installed the USB driver from Garmin and downloaded and installed the Garmin updater program - no luck.

If you already know this, pls disregard.

It may be insufficient to run the usb driver install. You may have to find the device in your device manager or whatever and tell it explicitly to use the garmin usb driver that was written to your HD. I had to do this on one win2k box and one xp box.

I had the same problem. Garmin tech support (PC Group) walked me right through it. I installed and reinstalled the drivers and it just wouldn't recognize my Venture Cx. I found that it wasn't installing the driver in the right place. It needs to be installed in the Garmin folder. If you give them a buzz, they will walk you through it in 10 minutes. Good luck and have fun with it. It's a great GPSr.

I recently bought a Venture Cx and, like you, I could not get the computer to recognize it. My final solution :

1) downloaded & installed the latest Mapsource program (which includes drivers)

2) disconnected all nonessential USB devices (printer, hubs, etc.)

3) attached the unit's USB cable directly to a USB port on the back of the computer

4) restarted computer