Smart Phone Question...

Angry Marmot

Im in the market for a new phone and thought I'd get a smart phone to replace my old palm and reduce the number of gadgets im hauling around to just my garmin and the smartphone. I've been checking out the motorola Q and palm treo. If anyone is using either of these for paperless caching Id love to hear any plusses or minuses.

Also I was wondering if there was anyway to connect your GPS to a PDA or smartphone via say the USB. You know so that you could have your gps in you your pocket/bag and just read the info off the PDA. Just seems that it would free up a hand and you'd have both your GPS info and cachmate type program on one device. Im using a garmin 60csx if that helps. Any info/suggestions appreciated. -JB

Im in the market for a new phone and thought I'd get a smart phone to replace my old palm and reduce the number of gadgets im hauling around to just my garmin and the smartphone. I've been checking out the motorola Q and palm treo. If anyone is using either of these for paperless caching Id love to hear any plusses or minuses.

I use an unlocked gsm Treo 600 off eBay. Nowadays they are a bit over $100. Treo650 about $200 unlocked.

The treo replaced my phone, pda, and mp3 player tools. All in one.

...I've been checking out the motorola Q and palm treo. If anyone is using either of these for paperless caching Id love to hear any plusses or minuses.

Also I was wondering if there was anyway to connect your GPS to a PDA or smartphone via say the USB. You know so that you could have your gps in you your pocket/bag and just read the info off the PDA. Just seems that it would free up a hand and you'd have both your GPS info and cachmate type program on one device. Im using a garmin 60csx if that helps. Any info/suggestions appreciated. -JB

- I just got Q last week. Amazing PDAs. And I plan to buy CoPilot gps add-on soft for my Q. You can get a BlueTooth version, too. Bobye spaghetti wire :-)

Ref: http://www.alk.com/copilot/motoq.asp

Edited by shivia